FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

How do I opened sim.

<<

Bonyboo

Post Wed May 30, 2012 3:57 pm

How do I opened sim.

Okay. I downloaded the opensim to see what that was all about, but I can't seem to figure out how to operate it and how to connect to the Aycerus grid.

Can I get a little help?

▲
▲ ▲
<<

TornadoChas3r

Post Wed May 30, 2012 7:48 pm

Re: How do I opened sim.

I'm going to guess that you downloaded the Imprudence Client, so I'll try to make a little tutorial on how to connect to the grid network

If you have not done so already, please make an account on http://grid.aycerus.com

Start Imprudence and Navigate to the "Grid Manager"

Click "Add New Grid"
Enter the following into the "Login URI" box

Code:
http://grid.aycerus.com:8002/

Then click "Get Grid Info", this should automatically fill in the "Grid Name" box along with additional information below. Verify that all URL's are correct, if so then just hit OK to add the grid.

Login with the account info you setup earlier

When you first login you should arrive at the Main Plaza, Right click on your avatar to access a menu to do various things, one of which is to edit your avatar's appearance.

You may also right click on objects to bring up their menu

You should be set to go, it may take a while to get used to the controls and the interface.

Feel free to wonder around our regions, or if you are in the mood for traveling visit the Hypergrid on OSGrid (much grid with many interesting things to see)

If you do hit the sign, it will bring up the Map menu, since the sign script automatically searching for the hyperport you won't need to do anything else but double click on the search results (or hit the teleport button)

That should be all you need to get connected, of course there is alot more you can do, but it may take a bit to get used to how everything works, if you need help feel free to ask.

Keep in mind if you need to change your account password, migrate Suitcase items into your inventory, just login with your account information HERE

Return to General Chat